RHS Companion to Wildlife Gardening
by Chris Baines
A garden rich in wildlife brings pleasure the whole year round.
The sound of birdsong, the beauty of bees and butterflies, the delicate subtlety of wildflowers, and the pond-side patrol of bats, frogs and hedgehogs after dark - these are some of the rewards you can expect if you choose your plants carefully and create a range of healthy wildlife habitats. Even the tiniest outdoor space can make an ecological difference. Since the early 1980s Chris Baines has been encouraging us to garden with nature. His book is a horticultural classic, and this revised edition is set to inspire a whole new generation of wildlife gardeners.
- Plan and plant a wildlife garden as a flowery sheltered glade.
- Create new wetland, wildflower meadow and woodland edge habitats.
- Discover hundreds of wildlife-friendly plants for every part of the garden.
- Learn how to provide food for resident and migrant species.
- Be inspired by best practice in RHS model wildlife gardens.
- Support nature's recovery across the wider landscape.
Royalties from the sale of this book are paid to RHS Enterprises which covenants all of its profits to support the work of the RHS, promoting horticulture and helping gardeners.